Love Linux? Married to Apache? Obsessed with building servers, writing shell scripts? monitoring security? Head in the clouds?
Jadu is currently looking for a highly skilled Systems Administrator (Sys Admin) based at our Headquarters in Leicestershire. As a Systems Administrator you will be reporting to the Senior Systems Administrator. Day to day responsibilities will include maintaining live hosted customer servers and web applications.
It will also include the backup and documentation of all servers and applications.
Successful candidates should be familiar with designing, deploying and maintaining customer systems.Essential Skills:
- Experience with Linux/Unix - ideally Red Hat and/or Debian with Apache.
- Windows Server 2003/08R2 and IIS.
- Knowledge of SQL - Bash shell scripting.
- Understanding of HTTP, SSL, SMTP, Firewalls.
- Understanding of networking topologies - TCP/IP, Subnet and networking connectivity.
- Understanding of Software development tools (SVN and GIT) and Practices.
- At least 3 years experience within a hosting environment.
- Version Control.
To own and manage Jadu's infrastructure of hundreds of servers on a daily basis, including documentation, server build and network support. To reduce the reliance on the current system administrator for installation of the Jadu CMS and environmental configuration. All systems should be extensively documented, including recovery information and disaster recovery steps as required for maintenance of Jadu's ISO 27001 accreditation.
Job TasksTo work with our current System Administration team (The Jadu Core Team) to manage the health and monitoring of all Jadu's servers. To build new platforms for our clients in conjunction with our hosting partners in both Physical and Virtual environments using both Windows and Linux flavors (Debian, CentOS and RedHat).
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Apache and IIS configurations as well as MySQL and MSSQL systems. An ability to script in both bash and vbs would be a big benefit.
A working knowledge of Firewall configuration, routing, layer 2/3 switch configuration and cable management, as well as VPN's will be required and knoledge of how to setup and configure BIND DNS servers, DHCP servers and DHCP relays as well as an additional LDAP server and database replication will be beneficial but not required.
If you would like to apply - please ensure that you:
- Make a written application along with your CV (we want to know what lights your fire)
- Include details / URLs of your online work
Job Perks and benefits
- Private healthcare cover with Bupa
- Mac Book Pro and all Apple hardware or Alienware PC hardware
- Outstanding and cool office environment with onsite parking
- International security and cloud conferences
- Working with and learning from some of the finest system administration and security professionals talent in the World
- Unlimited fresh ground Coffee
Note: Please ensure you include a covering letter with
your CV telling us about yourself and why you think you are right to
build your career as a Sys Admin at Jadu - and what value you think
you can add.
If you are interested in joining our team - please send your letter of application and CV in the first instance to Zoe Culpin at email@example.com
NOTE: We do not accept agencies or workers outside of the European Union. You will need to be a European resident only to apply for any permanent positions.
Jadu is an equal opportunities employer.
Find the right career opportunity at Jadu
If you have skills in programming, web development, UX design, Technical Support or Project Management - the chances are there is an opportunity for you to land the career of a lifetime at Jadu.